Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Joshua

Since leaving Italy we have been reading this passage from the book of Joshua as a family:

As I was with Moses, so I will be with you; I will not fail you, nor forsake you.
Be strong and of good courage; for you shall cause this people to inherit the land which I swore to their fathers to give them.
Only be strong and very courageous, to observe to do according to all the law, which Moses my servant commanded you: don't turn from it to the right hand or to the left, that you may have good success wherever you go.


"Be strong and courageous" I say to the boys as they jump out of the car and head into their new school.
"Be strong and courageous" I say to myself as I get out of bed in the morning.
"Be strong and courageous" I say to Sean as he tries to find a good bottle of wine in Florida on our budget.

What could be more comforting that the fact that God is with us wherever we go? Even in this strange planet.

This life of transition is not for wimps. Be strong and courageous.

No comments:

Post a Comment